Friday, February 12, 2010

Encounter with an autodriver

One fine day, I walked out of office just after having a conversation with a colleague who was a north indian and to whom I had to say "mein hindi nahi maloom hai" a couple of times during the conversation. As I waved to an auto , the auto driver yelled at me from a few meters away, "yellige hogabeku?" which I didnt understand. I spontaneously said "mein kannada nahi maloon hai". He thought for a second and summoning his hindi said "kahan jaana chahate ho". Then I sheepishly smiled and said "mein hindiyum nahi maloom hai". He must have thought WTF and just gave me a questioning look. "Malleshpalya" I said and he shook his head and went on his way.

4 comments:

  1. kalakkitta da... thamizhan nu prove pannitta :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey why didnt u say kannada gothilla. instead of going thro this exhaustive calculative answer. that is typical you

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a follow up to my conversation with my colleague. pay attention.

    ReplyDelete